Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13th, 2012

Love this boy!!!


Cuautla (kwau-tlah) officially La heroica e histórica Cuautla de Morelos, (The Heroic and Historic Cuautla of Morelos) or H. H. Cuautla de Morelos, the city and municipality in the Mexican state of Morelos and Popocatepetl, the dormant volcano and, at, the second highest peak in Mexico after the Pico de Orizaba.  

Soaked after one of the rainstorms!

OK everyone so Mexico is going well.  This week we started to get in to the groove because my first few weeks have been absolutely crazy.  This next week we plan on baptizing Eric, of course, and another man named Jesus.  So both Elder Hessing and I should be dressed in white, so it will be pretty cool.  This past Domingo both Eric and Jesus went to church and so they are on track for baptisim on the 24th.  Even though its hard to speak and understand anything, I know the spirit can tell the investigators everything they need to know because the spirit understands all languages even when I don't haha.

The weather here is amazing!! its about mid 80's to low 90's here and it's the rainy season.  It poured on us a couple of times and I started to sing "there is sunshine in my soul today" Ya I know I'm really a missionary haha.  It was super fun to have that experience.  Also, I found out I'm not allergic to bees!  That was a good sign because I was stung by two huge red hornets and I didn't mess with them this time ...  it was like what the heck!!!  But it's all good. When I was stung some Mexican man started laughing at me hah.  This past Sunday I didn't have to give a talk.  My first Sunday I had to give a testimony and a scripture and just tell the people in my Spanglish that I'm exited to be here.  This past Sunday they called me up to say the prayer without telling me and I was like ok that's new haha.  

The work is going good here.  Our area is completely different from other areas because our area is pretty well off and so we cant just contact on the street like most other missionary's so our numbers are not that good. Besides that it's going really well . I'm so happy to be en Mexico and even though its the toughest thing I have ever done in mi vida its one of the most rewarding in my life.  We work so hard to bring people to the waters of baptism.  Why? Because we know it is a covenant that leads to the door of eternal life.  I know that this work is real and true and through the gospel and the scriptures we can become more like Christ...because that is our actual goal to become like our Heavenly Father and his son each day !! That's our meta for our life and eternity.  I know that this is true....
Scripture of the week Mosiah 4:6-12 about faith and the atonement.  (see below)


I know that this church is true ... and through Joseph Smith and the power of God and Jesus Christ, the priesthood is on the earth today. I know that the scriptures are for our benefit and can help us if we apply them in our life. Spanish is difficult but with God's help and your kindness; every thing is possible. I know that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the church of God.

With Love Elder Park


 I say unto you, if ye have come to a knowledge of the goodness of God, and his matchless power, and his wisdom, and his patience, and his long-suffering towards the children of men; and also, the atonement which has been prepared from the foundation of the world, that thereby salvation might come to him that should put his trust in the Lord, and should be diligent in keeping his commandments, and continue in the faith even unto the end of his life, I mean the life of the mortal body—
 I say, that this is the man who receiveth salvation, through the atonement which was prepared from the foundation of the world for all mankind, which ever were since the fall of Adam, or who are, or who ever shall be, even unto the end of the world.
 And this is the means whereby salvation cometh. And there is none other salvation save this which hath been spoken of; neither are there any conditions whereby man can be saved except the conditions which I have told you.
 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.
 10 And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you;  and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them.
 11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness; and his goodness; and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.
 12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true.



Tucker Roeller from Southlake will be serving in Tyler's area this Fall.  He had a couple questions for him and here are the answers.  I think I'm going to always say 'someone else' wants to know something and then I'll get the answers to my questions...  ;)

OK so for tucker tell him that:

1 I haven''t bought any boots and don't think I will because Eccos are water proof and I don't walk in the rain but tambien tell him if he gets some make sure they are light and durable

2 backpack ...have a nice backpack but not too nice but here they give us fanny packs and they are amazing 

3  we go to the lavaderia they are members so they wash all of our clothes for free

4 sickness I've been lucky so far just don't drink the water and pray a lot !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment