Friday, February 15, 2013

February 4, 2013


I’m still here in Jojutla and it’s going good.  We have a baptism planned for this Saturday and we are really trying our best to help this man stop smoking and be baptized, along with wife and grandson.  Elder Vega and I are working hard and so far we are seeing the progress that we can have because we might be able to have 5 or maybe 6 baptisms this month, but all depends if the people want to go to church.  I’m starting to feel comfortable with my Spanish although it’s not perfect.  I’m starting to understand more and speak much more naturally.  I’m trying to learn the phrases and the modismos so I can understand regular speak.  Right now I can basically understand everything in the lesson when we are teaching about a commandment or something like that...but Spanish is a building game and I’m building and winning. 

It was really weird yesterday to think that I missed my first Super bowl in all of my life.  It was something sad but at the same time it was really cool to think that CRAP I’m in the mission and I missed the first SUPERBOWL of my life…it was really cool to think like that.  Also, it is very weird to think that in this month I’m going to hit 9 months, man is the time going fast and it’s sad to say that.  The days here in the mission are really really slow but the weeks are really fast. I don’t understand how it can be like this but it.  Yesterday I called it. Some members came up to me and told me about the Super Bowl and who would win and I said it would be Ray Lewis and his group of misfit thugs...please don’t tell Ray Lewis that I said that...but I knew he would win.  Well, today is p-day and I’m thinking about buying some Mexican sandals that are called Huaraches. They are super cool and really cheap but last forever.  The sole of these sandals are tires that are for cars hahaha so I’m pretty excited.

les amo y espero que esten bien en Texas y todo...


Elder Park

No comments:

Post a Comment